Pear & Mixed Green Salad
This is my "go-to" salad recipe. It's light, flavorful, and guests always love it! I use my own DIY Balsamic Vinaigrette for this salad, so be sure to get that recipe.
This recipe serves 3-5 (depending on your portion sizes).
What You'll Need:
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 2 pears (I used Chelan pears because they're local to where I live; Bosc pears would work well here, too!)
- 1/3 cup lightly sweetened or unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (It is optional to toast them)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Optional: 1/4 cup thinly sliced jicama
- Rinse mixed greens, then pat dry with a clean paper towel. Set aside in salad bowl.
- Rinse and chop pears into thin slivers after removing the cores. Add pears to mixed greens. Add in cranberries, walnuts, feta cheese, and jicama (optional). Gently, with salad utensils, toss the ingredients until everything is well blended.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.