30 Minute Meal! Creamy Spiced Chicken, Chickpeas & Tomatoes
Life right now feels like "too much to do, and not enough time!" Are you the same way?
Maybe you've stayed out of the kitchen because you've been overwhelmed by your long "to do" list. Maybe you've resorted to ordering in or going out for meals, because you just don't have time to spend two hours cooking dinner. I get it! And that's why I'm working on a whole slew of recipes that take less than a half hour from start to finish!
This Creamy Spiced Chicken, Chickpeas, and Tomatoes dish is a meal in itself, and it is one of my new favorites! It's healthy, colorful, and delicious. And it takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish! So, make your grocery list and rally the troops! Make dinner happen tonight!
This recipe serves from 4-6.
Creamy Spiced Chicken, Chickpeas & Tomatoes
What You'll Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper or red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage Total 2%)
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 2 12-ounce containers cherry tomatoes, yellow or red
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450-degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, garlic, paprika, cumin, and pepper. Toss in garbanzo beans and tomatoes until coated in the "spiced" yogurt.
- Spray the bottom of a baking dish with PAM or another nonstick spray. Lay out chicken breasts on the bottom of the dish, then drizzle EVOO over the chicken. Spoon yogurt-bean-tomato mixture into the baking dish, on top and beside the chicken. Sprinkle cilantro on top. Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked (and white inside). Enjoy!