My husband is a sports broadcaster, which means during football season (and much of NBA season) he has shows on the weekends. Now, I’m glad he LOVES his job. But sometimes our lifestyle means we don’t get to share those sweet weekend mornings that other couples get. But we’re not people to let circumstances like this hold us back… In fact, I’d go as far as calling us pros at sneaking in weekday brunch!
One of our favorite go-to recipes involves waffles. (Now would be a good time to mention that our dog actually is named Waffle… we’re really serious about how much we love them.)
This recipe involves my favorite paleo blend of flour, a subtle sweetness, and a hint of cinnamon. They’re so good and they’re actually good for you—can I get an amen?!
What You’ll Need:
- A waffle maker
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Grain Free Paleo Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. coconut cream
- Heat waffle maker to low heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Combine Paleo Pancake & Waffle mix and cinnamon in a small bowl and whisk together. Add in eggs, applesauce, melted coconut oil, and coconut cream. Blend together.
- Spoon batter into Waffle maker and cook on low heat until Waffle is ready.
- (Low heat helps the texture get fluffy without getting hard… the more you know!)
- When finished, remove Waffle and enjoy with your favorite Grade A Maple Syrup, coconut whipped cream, or topped with applesauce and almond butter—a persona favorite!