Berry Delicious Smoothie Bowl
I’m going on vacation in a few weeks. That means I’m focusing on wholesome foods so I can feel and look great while laying by the pool! : D
This smoothie bowl is a super easy go-to for when you want something sweet but want to keep your diet clean. There’s really no way to mess up a smoothie bowl, but this is my personal favorite recipe. (Seriously, though, I urge you to play with different ingredients and find out what you love!)
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups of organic frozen mixed berries (I use a blend of strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced and previously frozen
- ½ cup hemp milk, almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk, or dairy milk. For extra protein, add in 6 oz. plain or vanilla-flavored non-fat Greek yogurt instead of ½ cup milk.
- Optional: Add in 1-2 tbsp. organic peanut butter or almond butter for a nutty twist!
- Optional: For a truly fruity bowl, add in 3-4 oz. Genesis Organic Juice Strawberry Apple (available at New Seasons)
Unsweetened coconut, chia seeds, hemp seeds, granola, fruit, nut butter, chopped nuts – whatever your heard desires!
- Add the frozen berries to a blender and pulse for 2-3 minutes. Add in ½ of desired milk or Greek yogurt and the frozen chopped banana and continue to pulse. Add in nut butter or Genesis juice if desired. Stop pulsing when texture is thick, but consistent.
- Pour the smoothie contents into a bowl. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!