Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
Healthy meets delicious with these easy, chocolatey muffins! *Seriously, if you winced hearing "zucchini" and "chocolate" together, please hear me out: these are moist, dense, and so tasty that you wouldn't know they were packed with healthy zucchini from their taste!
This is the perfect "grab-and-go" breakfast treat for those rushed #backtoschool mornings or the sweet addition to a Sunday brunch. Your kids (or husband!) will love these muffins, and you'll love that they're healthy. When I made these for J, he ate like six in one sitting (no joke!).
What You'll Need:
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar (or, sub for coconut sugar)
- 1 cup vegetable oil or melted grass-fed butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups of your favorite flour (I used Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking flour, but I've also made these with whole wheat flour and white flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Lightly grease two 12-cup muffin pans (for a total of 24 muffins) or two loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs. Add in the oil, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla. Add in the zucchini and mix.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix together using a dry whisk or fork, then add (slowly) to the wet mixture and mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin or loaf pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!