Cinnamon, Apple & Cranberry Overnight Steel Cut Oats
Overnight Steel Cut Oats are the perfect way to bring ease into a rushed morning. There is no morning prep with this recipe--so all you have to do is wake up and enjoy the cinnamon, apple, and cranberry flavors of delicious steel cut oats. Kids love it. My husband eats it on the daily. And it's a staple for me, too!
Here's What You'll Need:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups almond, hemp, coconut, cow or other milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups slow-cooking steel cut oats (I prefer Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 cup dried cranberries, lightly sweetened or unsweetneed
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces (1/4-inch chunks)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons organic brown sugar, agave, honey, or maple syrup
- In the evening, combine all ingredients on "low" in a slow cooker.
The following morning, stir and enjoy! (Feel free to make it your own and top with milk and additional sugar, pecans, or cranberries as well!)