Whether your Valentine's plans consist of a romantic evening with your significant other, or whether they include roller skating at a sketchy fun-park with a bunch of your single girlfriends (I've been on both sides of that coin)--I've got a dessert for you!
My Double Chocolate Cupid's Tart is just the thing your V-Day needs: a decadent, super rich, tasty treat to sweeten up the night!
Seriously, friends... this is incredibly good! Like, better-than-the-dessert-at-your-favorite-fancy-restaurant good.
Also, bonus points because it's ALL the things I love: gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free (with a PALEO option).
*I'll be sharing this recipe tomorrow on Afternoon Live (KATU news). For Oregon residents, this will air in the 3-4 PM hour on KATU news; others can stream live on Katu.com!*
What You'll Need:
For the Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1/3 c. coconut oil, heated to liquid form
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 c. canned coconut cream (or, scrape the cream off the top of canned full-fat coconut milk)
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate for baking (to make this PALEO, use 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate/raw cacao + 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup)
- 3/4 c. 100% raspberry fruit preserves (no sugar added, if possible)
- Prepare an 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with your nonstick spray of choice.
- Combine the ingredients for the crust in a large bowl, starting with dry ingredients and adding in liquids. Mix thoroughly with a rubber spatula until a paste-like mixture forms. Press the mixture to the bottom and sides of your tart pan. Place the tart pan in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- For the filling, chop the bittersweet chocolate into fine pieces. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut cream in the microwave or on the stove top until it turns to liquid form and starts to bubble. Pour the coconut cream, chopped bittersweet chocolate, and raspberry preserves into a blender and pulse for 30 seconds or until thoroughly blended. (If you are making this recipe PALEO, combine the coconut cream, unsweetened chocolate, 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, and raspberry preserves and pulse.)
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator. Pour the tart filling into the crust. Top with berries, toasted walnuts, flaked coconut, or powdered sugar. Refrigerate 1 hour (or freeze for 30 minutes) until ready to serve. Enjoy! This will go fast!
To make fun Miniature Tarts, use three small tart pans. Play around with toppings! Pictured here: raspberry and pomegranate, all raspberry, and peanut butter!