Mother's Day is just around the corner! Are you looking for the perfect dessert to serve at your brunch or afternoon tea with Mama?! Look no further!
These lemon bars have a hint of lime, they're perfectly sweet, delicate to the touch, and absolutely delicious! Plus--they're fast and easy to prepare! Whip them up a day (or two) before your event and store them in the refrigerator and they're just as good as the day you baked them!
I recently made a test batch for some girlfriends and they were gone by the end of the night! Trust me: these are a surefire crowd (and mom!) favorite!
What You’ll Need:
For the Crust:
- 2 cups GF or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grass-fed butter (or sub for Earth Balance)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla or almond extract
For the Bars:
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup GF or all-purpose flour
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Prepare (spray with nonstick or rub thoroughly with coconut oil or grass-fed butter) a 9x13 baking pan, then set aside.
- Soften the butter stovetop or in the microwave (but do not melt), then combine it with 2 cups flour and ½ sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Blend until a crumbly crust forms, then press into the bottom of the pan.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 ½ cups sugar and ¼ cup flour. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then add in lemon and lime juice. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 22-24 minutes in a preheated oven. (When you take them out, they should not ‘jiggle’—but keep in mind, they’ll firm up more as they cool. Don't over bake.)
- Allow the bars to cool to room temperature, then store in the refrigerator covered up to four days.
- Top with powdered sugar (optional) or lemon or lime wedges just before serving. Enjoy!