If you love weekends, we can be friends.
These Maple Banana Pancakes (paleo +grain-free) are literally a STAPLE at my house on the weekend!
They are the perfect amount of sweet, fluffy, and melt-in-your-mouth-flaky. I’m convinced they’re the best start to a Saturday morning. (Or, hey, the perfect end to a crummy Monday night: no judgment here.)
Bonus? These can easily be made vegan by omitting regular eggs and substituting flax-eggs.
To make one flax egg, combine 1 Tbsp. golden flaxseed meal and 2.5 Tbsp. warm water. Let this sit for 3 minutes, until it becomes gelatinous. Then add it in as you would an egg.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Pancake + Waffle Mix
- 2 eggs (for a vegan alternative or to eliminate eggs, flax eggs will work*)
- 1/4 cup water or almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil or Earth Balance vegan spread
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp. organic pure maple extract or 1 Tbsp. grade A pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Pancake + Waffle Mix and cinnamon in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine together mashed banana, maple extract, melted coconut balance or vegan spread, eggs (or flax eggs) and almond milk.
- Lightly coat your favorite pan with nonstick (or coconut oil). Turn heat to medium and let heat for 1 minute. Then, turn heat down to medium-low and pour batter in the pan. Allow pancake to sit until the top begins to bubble, then flip and cook the other side.
- Serve and enjoy while warm!
Optional Toppings: Top with Earth Balance vegan alternative, organic (grade A) maple syrup, bananas, dried fruit, toasted pecans, or flaked coconut!