I created this recipe with a desire to add more flair to my appetizer table this summer! I’ve grown up in the Pacific Northwest and fancy myself some fresh seafood—and I love anything spicy. So, naturally, a Spicy Jalapeño Crab Dip was born!
This dip is creamy and delicious with just the right amount of ‘kick’! Plus—it’s gluten-free and made with high-quality, naturally sourced ingredients, so you won’t need to feel guilty when you indulge!
What You’ll Need:
- ½ pound lump crabmeat, already cooked (I love Dungeness crab meat and I typically visit New Seasons or a specialty butcher for the freshest stuff!)
- ½ cup Toby’s Jalapeño Ranch Dressing & Dip
- ½ cup Nancy’s Organic cream cheese
- ¼ cup canned or jarred diced jalapeño peppers (I opted for Jeff’s Natural because they’re Certified Non-GMO and gluten-free)* or more, for spicier dip
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped kale (spinach works as well)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- a dash of pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese—plus more for topping!
1. Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine Toby’s Jalapeño Ranch Dressing & Dip, Nancy’s Organic Cream cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add in jalapeño peppers, chopped bell pepper, and chopped kale. Then, gently mix in cooked lump crabmeat, Asiago, and sharp cheddar cheese. Top with additional cheese if you prefer.
4. Transfer the dip to an oven-safe baking dish. Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling at the edges.
*Serve with an assortment of chips, crackers, or vegetables. This stores well (refrigerated in an airproof container) and can be consumed within two days.