Zesty Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
Oh, #TacoTuesday…how I love you! Tonight’s recipe is so easy that it can be assembled in less than 20 minutes. Seriously. It’s made with shrimp, fresh veggies, and the perfect amount of spice! If you’re looking for a fast, crowd-pleasing meal—look no further!
What You’ll Need:
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olvie oil or avocado oil, divided
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 lb. large shrimp (I buy them pre-peeled and deveined)
- salt and pepper
- 6-8 small round tortillas, flour, wheat, or corn
- 1 avocado
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow (sweet) onion, finely chopped
- Garnishments: cilantro, fresh lemon, sour cream, or your favorite hot sauce!
- Chop avocados and tomatoes into small “taco-sized” pieces and set aside.
- In a medium sautéing pan, drizzle 1 tbsp. of oil and add in the chopped onion. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until onion becomes translucent. Add in chopped bell pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shrimp, lime juice, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder, and black pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Heat a large skillet and add in 2 tbsp. oil, then toss shrimp into the skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes until shrimp turn pink, then turn heat to low and simmer another 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble tacos using shrimp, vegetables, and optional garnishments of lemon wedges and cilantro or flat leaf parsley!