Cookie Dough has always been delicious, but it’s also been eaten sparingly (whenever your mom looked away, most likely) because of the risk of getting sick from eating it raw.
But this is 2018—and a lot has changed. We have phones that are practically computers, cars that can drive themselves, and raw edible cookie dough is a thing! In fact, it’s becoming a huge trend in the food industry! But why go out when you can make your own dough at home (while wearing your favorite forgiving pair of Lululemon stretchies?! ;-)
This is a super fun recipe. Plus, it’s easy, tasty, and versatile! I’m sharing a few different options for how you can jazz it up—but you really can’t go wrong with any sweet toppings or mix-ins!
What You'll Need:
For the Cookie Dough Base:
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup Earth Balance vegan spread (or coconut shortening)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan (or regular table) salt
- ½ cup all purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp. almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
Mix-Ins & Toppings:
For Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
For Oatmeal Cookie Dough
- 1/3 cup oats
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins or chocolate chips
For Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie Dough
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- ½ cup marshmallows
- chocolate sprinkles
Other Mix-In & Topping Ideas:
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Peanut butter
- Brownie Chunks
- Cereal mix-ins…
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened (but not melted) Earth Balance (or coconut shortening) and light brown sugar.
2. Add in extract of choice and sea salt.
3. Add in all purpose or gluten-free flour and blend. Finally, add in almond milk. Dough should resemble cookie dough.
4. Now is the fun part! Add in your favorite Mix-Ins! Some ideas are provided above.
5. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for two days. Enjoy!