Apple Pecan Crostini
As you might already know, I love any excuse to gather people around my table! Recently, my better half and I hosted some of our dearest friends for Friendsgiving. Last year when we hosted, we prepared all of the food – which is no small feat for twenty people! This year, however, we’ve been swamped, and we decided on hosting at the very last minute. So, we sent out a text to our closest twenty pals and said we’d cover the turkey and a few other dishes. We asked if people wouldn’t mind bringing a dish or drink if it strikes their fancy… and guess what?! We were blown away by the amazing spread!
My friend Sarah brought some adorable Brie, Apple, and Pecan Crostinis, which inspired this post. She popped them in the oven for a few minutes before heading to our house, and they were a huge hit. I love them because they’re easy to assemble, easy to transport (just pop them on a baking sheet and cover with foil), and absolutely delicious.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 plain baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 jar apple butter
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 2 granny smith apples
- 3/4 cup candied pecans
- ½ lemon (juice for apples)
*Option: drizzle with grade A maple syrup or honey before serving!
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees F.
- Spread apple butter on one side of each baguette slice, and place the baguette (dry side down) on a large unprepared baking sheet.
- Slice brie into thin slices and place on top of each crostini.
- Bake for 7 minutes, until cheese is melted. While baking, chop two granny smith apples into very thin half-moon slices.
- When crostinis are out of the oven, top with apple slices and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Finally, top with candied pecans. Try not to eat them all before your guests arrive… enjoy!