Easy + Healthy Convection Oven Enchiladas – 25 Minute recipe!
A few weeks ago, my good friends at Standard TV & Appliance asked for a recipe to showcase in their Thermador kitchen convection oven. Convection ovens are great because they cook food about 25% faster and at a lower temperature than classic ovens. They use heat circulation to cook food thoroughly and evenly—and they’re a major time saver!
This recipe can easily be made in your home convection oven. From start to finish, this whole recipe is just 25 minutes! And this recipe is DELICIOUS! Plus, with whole wheat tortillas and ground turkey, it’s actually healthy and hearty!
What You’ll Need:
1 lb. ground turkey
15 oz. jar of red enchilada sauce
1 can chopped green chilis
1 package (8) whole wheat tortillas
1 can reduced-sodium black beans
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (or a combo of asiago, cheddar, and provolone)
½ cup chopped green onions
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
½ yellow onion, finely chopped
1 packet of taco seasoning or a blend of the spices below:
DIY Taco Meat Seasoning:
2 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. cumin
½ tsp. dried oregano
¼ tsp. arlic powder
¼ tsp. onion powder
1. Preheat the Convection oven to 325-degrees F.
2. Pour half of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x12 casserole dish. Spread evenly across the bottom.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and ground beef. Add in seasonings and ½ cup water. Add in green chilis without straining. When the meat is almost finished cooking, add in chopped onion and cook until fragrant. Remove from heat.
4. Heat tortillas stovetop or in the microwave.
5. Set up an assembly line with prepared tortillas, black beans, cheese, and meat mixture. Take a tortilla and sprinkle with cheese, black beans, and meat mixture. Roll up and place in the pan, crease side facing down. Repeat this 8 times.
6. Pour remaining red sauce atop of the enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes. Top with green onions! Enjoy!
Note: To make it using the classic oven function, you’ll want to add 25 degrees to the temperature and cook it for about 15 minutes longer.