Mint Chocolate Chip "Nice" Cream (GF, DF, V)
It’s NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY! Hip hip, hooray!
I’m all for celebrating important holidays. In honor of this glorious day, I’m hsaring a super easy (and delicious) guilt-free "Nice" Cream recipe. It's creamy, minty, and super refreshing and it's dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan!
What You’ll Need:
- 24 oz. full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (or more to taste)
- ½ cup honey or agave syrup (or more to taste)
- ½ ripe avocado, pit removed, chopped
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Vegan chocolate chips
- Vegan Paleo Caramel
- Mint leaves for garnish
1. Chill coconut milk and avocado in the freezer for 1/2 hour prior to preparing to speed up the freezing process.
2. Pulse coconut milk in the blender until a consistent texture rises. (Coconut milk will be separated; use both the solid and liquid parts of the coconut milk.) Add in chopped avocado, agave or honey and peppermint extract. Pulse another minute until thoroughly mixed and texture appears green.
3. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions, adding in the chocolate chips towards the end of churning.
4. Freeze for 2 hours and then enjoy! (Pro tip: Drizzle with vegan, paleo chocolate or squish beteen your favorite chocolate chunk cookies!)
This recipe serves 4-6 normal people, or one hungry husband!