PI DAY SPECIAL! Coconut Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie
Today is PI day (because it's 3.14) and therefore, it's National PIE DAY!
In honor of my second favorite holiday (behind Christmas) I'm sharing this delectable (+ super easy) Coconut Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie because we all need a little more coconut, chocolatey goodness in our lives--am I right?!
The secret to this pie is the Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Nut Butter. It's DELICIOUS and it adds a unique flavor to this little gem. The other secret to the pie is the cookie dough crust... Let me repeat: COOKIE DOUGH CRUST! You can make this dough from scratch, or buy your favorite cookie dough if you're in a rush (or, like me, moving and short on time!).
What You’ll Need:
- Cookie dough (enough for 2 dozen cookies) – store-bought or homemade
- 1 ½ up Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Grade A Pure Maple Syrup
- ¾ cup Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 10-inch Pie Pan
- a wooden spoon
- one small saucepan
- measuring cups + spoons
- Nonstick spray
- Spray a pie pan with nonstick spray and set aside. Set oven temperature to 350-degrees F.
- Mold cookie dough to the edges of the pie pan. Make sure to cover the edges like you would a pie! Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown (but not burned).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, coconut oil and Wild Squirrel Nut Butter until coconut oil has melted. Add in maple syrup. Stir thoroughly until well mixed. Then, pour into cooked cookie dough crust.
- Freeze for 1 hour, then take the pie out to top with coconut flaks and chocolate chips! Enjoy!